K. Leah Coleman
Youngsville, NC, USA
- Has seven years of freelance experience in web design and hand-coding web mark-up.
- Experience in designing graphics and web pages using Adobe Dreamweaver and Photoshop.
- Strong understanding of the UX, including mobile usability and web design theory.
- Able to multi-task efficiently, follow directions and prioritize.
- Has excellent judgement and communication skills; very client-oriented.
- Comfortable working with a team or independently to accomplish goals.
- Has a thirst for knowledge and a passion for design.
Education and Certificates
- Wake Technical Community College
- Duration: 2012-Current; Estimated Graduation date: May 2015
- Associates of Applied Science in Web Techonology
- Certificate: Advanced Web Developer
- Certificate: Web Designer
- Cumulative GPA: 3.9 (as of Fall 2014)
- North Carolina State University
- Duration 2006–2008; Graduated 2008
- Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology: Bioarchaeology
- Cumulative GPA: 3.79; Graduated with magna cum laude.
- Member of NCSU Anthropology Club
- William Peace University
- Duration: 2004–2006
- Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology
- Cumulative GPA: 3.02
- Member of Peace College Theatre and Peace ITT
Gem Valley, LLC
Web design and maintenance
April 2006 - Current
Coded, designed and maintained website for a small tourism-based business. Required knowledge of HTML and CSS and understanding of SEO and design theory. Worked with client to satisfy needs and deliver their business in web format.
Self - Freelance Design
Graphic design, digital art and web coding
Created web graphics, banners, logos, static web pages and digital art for individual commissioners and small businesses. Required working one-on-one with individuals to meet their business or personal needs within a set amount of time.
Banfield Pet Hospital
Wake Forest, NC
Client Service Coordinator
Directed flow of clientèle in and out of the hospital. Scheduled appointments, received payments and managed a multi-line phone system. Cross-trained to assist veterinarians with the discharge of patients in the hospital, use diagnostic equipment and educate clients on pet health.
Bunn Animal Hospital
April 2011–November 2014
Assisted Veterinarians in the care, diagnosing and treatment of pets in the hospital. Required skill in venipuncture, radiology, animal restraint, IV catheter insertion and use of diagnostic equipment. Cross-trained to perform clerical work, including answering phones, customer service, office duties and computer maintenance and troubleshooting.
Banfield Pet Hospital
Rocky Mount/Wake Forest, NC
Vet Assistant; CSC; Optimum Wellness Plan Coaching Team
August 2009–April 2011
Assisted Veterinarians in the care, diagnosing and treatment of pets in the hospital. Required ability to perform diagnostics, run laboratory equipment, monitor anaesthesia, and assisting doctors in administering care to both healthy and sick/unstable animals. Cross-trained to perform clerical duties and assist clientèle. Also required to travel and assist other hospitals within the corporation with efficiency, revenue and services.
Wake Forest, NC
Pet Care Associate
July 2008–August 2009
Worked in a retail setting helping customers and their pets. Required extensive knowledge of a wide selection of merchandise and of pets. Charged with the care and wellbeing of all pets sold in our store. Required working independently or with others in a fast-paced environment.
William Peace University
Student Work – Internet Technologies
August 2005–May 2006
Worked with computers and electronics, including maintenance, trouble-shooting and repair. Updated and installed software onto lab and school computers. Did maintenance and troubleshooting of campus-wide web network.
- Knowledge and application of PHP5 and MySQL
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems including Drupal and Wordpress
- Proficient in Adobe CS6 (Including Dreamweaver and Photoshop)
- Strong understanding of Web Design Theory and Mobile Usability
Will submit references or transcripts upon reasonable request.